CREATE A WORLD OF EMPATHY AND EQUALITY
Translator was founded in 2016 by Natalie J. Egan, an openly transgender, successful B2B software entrepreneur. We’re a small and nimble team that is growing fast in an exciting new enterprise software category called “EqualityTech”. At Translator, we want to work with people who are relentless in both their desire and ability to make an impact every day. On top of working in an exciting start-up environment, you’re free to be your true and authentic self, you’ll learn on the job, and be part of something really big. We are on a mission to spread empathy and equality at scale.
We built the world’s first and only 360° platform for enterprise Diversity & Inclusion. Our products are designed to empower employees with bottom-up, real-time tools and resources while enabling management with top-down, data-driven solutions to drive change and measure results. Additionally, our platform prevents potential brand damage and unnecessary costs for companies. Leveraging a unique combination of technology and scalable expert services, Translator enables for real cultural change with an ongoing 360° learning and development experience for each employee.
If this gets you excited, and you think you have what it takes to to get in on the ground floor of a start-up destined to change the world, then read on.
- position location
Lead Software Engineer
New York, NY
About The Position
As the Lead Software Engineer, you will drive the development of cutting-edge Diversity & Inclusion software for corporations, schools, and non-profits. This is the perfect role for an up-and-coming senior software engineer who wants to become Head of Engineering or CTO of a fast growth start-up.
In this role, you will work with our CEO, as well as the Heads of Client Success and Product, to build solutions in a fast-paced, agile environment. You must be able to deliver solutions with limited requirements and adjust solutions according to how the market sees fit. We need someone who is highly organized and able to work with tight deadlines.
This is a part time to full time opportunity, with a cash and equity compensation package. You must be very comfortable in an early-stage startup environment. Location is not critical, but ideally the candidate will be in the Philadelphia or New York City area.
- Participating in the ideation process to identify solutions
- Working with CEO, Head of Product and Head of Client Success to rapidly prototype and deliver product enhancements
- Lead the complete SDLC and develop best practices as the company grows
- Developing software iteratively and collaboratively
- Design, develop and test high quality code
- Design, develop and test high quality tools to automate deployment and system monitoring
- Prepare and support software deployments
- Provide production system support when needed
You are an awesome, hardworking human being with a passion for mission-driven technology. You also have an informed point of view and experience with the following programming languages:
- Ruby on Rails
- Hamlbars Templating
- Stripe Payments
- Resque Work Queue
- Unicorn web server
- Paperclip Gem
- Devise ACL
- Node JS
- socket.io npm w/ redis pub/sub for horizontal scalability
- ES6 Babel
- Supervisor daemon
- Twilio npm
- Heroku DevOps
- Familiarity scaling dynos, creating dyne types, and using various marketplace providers such as Heroku Redis
Benefits & Perks
- Negotiable compensation package
- Flexible hours and location requirements
- Bonus opportunities
- Potential for equity
- Leadership opportunities
- Exciting startup environment
- The freedom to be yourself!
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No recruiters, please.
Translator is on a mission to spread empathy and equality at scale. Our flagship product, called UNITY, changes how companies, schools, and nonprofits think about, deliver, and measure Diversity & Inclusion training. Founded in 2016 and with offices in Philadelphia and New York City, Translator is backed by world-class investors. We are proud to work with some of the biggest and most influential companies in the world.
Translator is an NGLCC certified LGBT Business Enterprise and we are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status, or any other protected class of identity.
Multimedia Project Coordinator (Summer Internship)
New York, NY
About The Position
Are you obsessed with all things multimedia, design and marketing? Our Multimedia Project Coordinator Internship is for a rising Senior who wants to gain hands-on experience at a tech startup during the Summer. You will contribute to the company’s success by helping us build a world class brand. This person should be prepared to work in a fast-paced environment autonomously and will walk away with broad experience in various aspects of multimedia (audio, video, web, design), marketing, and technology. The role is open to New York City candidates and requires you to work approximately 20 hours/week; however, you will mostly work remotely with occasional in-person meetings. If you demonstrate excellent performance, there’s potential for full-time employment upon graduation.
Examples of daily responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Multimedia: Conceptualize, produce and coordinate multimedia content, such as podcasts, social media, videos, pictures, and materials that require graphic design skills.
- (Web) Design: Work directly with our CEO and Head of Marketing to conceptualize and design wireframes and visual content for our new brand’s website and marketing materials.
- Writing & Editing: Write compelling and upbeat copy for the brand’s website, and take responsibility for writing blog posts, editing, and other written content.
- Project Coordination: End-to-end coordination of the design and launch of Translator’s new brand ’s website and materials, acting as the liaison between our CEO, Head of Marketing, and web developers throughout the production process.
- Currently a rising Senior in a four-year undergraduate program, ideally focused on Multimedia & Design, Marketing or Communications
- Prior internship experience. Bonus points if you’ve interned at a tech company before
- Hands-on person with a strong interest in marketing, (web) design, writing, and project coordination
- You are able to work and learn independently and at a fast pace. You aren’t intimidated by lack of processes
- Great multi-tasker and are able to keep track of all the moving parts without losing a high-level overview
- Experience with design and audiovisual software, such as Adobe Creative Suite and audio and video editing tools. You also know how to work a camera (pictures and video)
- Strong listener and with excellent communication skills
- Experience with G-Suite, Microsoft Office, etc.
Benefits & Perks
- You’ll gain a wealth of experience and will contribute to the success of an exciting, early-stage startup
- Potential for full-time employment upon graduation
- Be part of a distributed team – work wherever you want most of the time!
- Be part of something big – we’re on a mission to change the world
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Translator is an equal opportunity employer. We are on a mission to spread empathy and equality one company at a time, and that starts with our own organization. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status, or any other protected class of identity.